Thursday, March 22, 2012

Assurance of Salvation (2)

"MOST ASSUREDLY, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall NOT come into judgment, but has passed from death into life." John 5:24
There's this current wave of divers kinds of prophecy about rapture, heaven and hell and other issues around the fringes of the second coming of Christ.
Such prophecies no doubt could be God's way of preapring His people for the second advent of Jesus; but Alas! MOST of those prophecies have instilled fear and uncertainties in the heart of many believers.
We have heard such things as "I saw one great man of God in Hell" By this and many others like it, a lot of christians are no more sure of their salvation, they cannot guarantee with absolute certainty that they will make it when Jesus comes back.
Hence many have resorted to begging God for mercy, which they have actually received at salvation (IPet.2:10)
If you hear such prophecies and you are terrified; its either you are not born again or the prophecy you heard is not according to the word of God.
The Bible is replete with infallible words of assurance about our salvation; such words should rather be held on to and be used also as basis for judging prophecies (IThes.5:20-21); consider the verses below:
John10:27-28
" My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand."

2Timothy 1:12
"For this reason I also suffer these things; nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day."

Blessed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

809