Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Necessity and Urgency of The Gospel (3)

"For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!" (I Corinthians 9:16 NKJV)
The gospel must be preached as a matter of necessity and urgency; its the only means for the salvation of souls. Odds and contradictions are not tenable excuses; the odds were there in the days of Jesus and the Apostles, and will not only remain but will abound as the day of the Lord draws near. 
As you preach the gospel, you must be ready to go against odds "Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution."(II Timothy 3:12 NKJV)
It must be preached at all cost whether by life or by death (Phil. 1:20-21)
The prayer of  David Brainerd (a notable missionary to American Indians) readily comes to mind: "oh that I might be a flaming fire in the service of the Lord. Here I am send me to the ends of the earth... send me from all that is called earthly comfort, send me even to death itself if it be but in Thy service and to promote Thy Kingdom."

This gospel must be preached AT ALL COST! Take it upon your self like Paul did: "...for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel!" (I Corinthians 9:16 NKJV) It is beyond what is in vogue or the popular practice; it won't be done on the flowery bed of ease. there are hardships to endure; tides to go against; and opinions and thoughts to defy. Yet this gospel of the kingdom must be preached whether by life or by death!

No comments:

Post a Comment

809